Before you Arrive
01Make sure you are happy with the school you have chosen. Think about these questions:
- Is it accredited?
- Are the staff qualified?
- Does it have the facilities I want?
- Does it have the course I want?
- Do I like the city?
02Apply for your course
03Check if you need a visa to study in the UK
04Organise your accommodation
05Plan your journey from the airport to your accommodation or the school (Please ask us if you need an airport transfer)
06Take out travel insurance
07Pack your luggage
08Tell the school exactly when you will be arriving and give them your flight details
Things to pack
- If you need a visa to enter the UK, please ensure you pack all relating documents to your visa. Take photocopies of your passport, visa, plane ticket, birth certificate and driving license.
- Medication, if you have any special medication bring it with you, and keep a note with it explaining what condition it is used to treat.
- Clothes and shoe for all weathers. The british climate is very 'changeable' it may be hot one day, then cold and wet the next.
- If you are bringing electrical items (laptop, hairdrier, camera charger etc.) please bring a universal power adapter with you.
Things not to pack
- Food - There are many restrictions on bringing food into the UK, please use the government service 'Don't Bring Me Back' to find out about what you cannot bring into the country.